1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Garavely compact pro44" 250hour review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONINAMONEY, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MONINAMONEY

MONINAMONEY LawnSite Member

After 250 hours of use so far the Gravely has not let me down yet.
    I run a mulching kit all the time. The fuel consumption is up a little because of it but, it is not a big deal. I found that original blades are the way to go for cut quality.
    At around 150 or so hours I noticed cut quality started to diminish somewhat. I checked the belt tension and spark plugs and noticed the right plug was fouled. I replaced the plugs and mower runs and cuts great. I read in someone’s post that you should let the machine idle a bit before shutting down. I was doing that sometimes 5 plus minutes while I used the blower on accounts that are side by side. The mechanic told me that while letting the machine idle a half minute was not a bad idea but, was not necessary and longer periods could lead to the right cylinder richening up and fouling the plug. I call bs but have not had an issue since.

The things that I would change to make this mower better
    Suspension seat
    ¼ inch increments instead of half inch
    Rpm gauge

2. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

5 minutes sounds like a really long time to let it idle before shutting it down. I only let it idle for the amount of time it takes me to climb off the mower and fasten the fastraps.

3. MONINAMONEY

MONINAMONEY LawnSite Member

That is what i'm doing now. no issues since.