Garbage Bags for Walker

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Anybody know where I can find cheap bags that fit the 10 bushel walker hopper. I think Its 80 gallons, correct me if I wrong tho.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
I'm guessing you will be looking for a plan B the first time you try to lift ten bushels of clippings into your pickup. What I've found best is to use the Walker dump bins that fit into the hopper, then dump those into your pickup.
Posted via Mobile Device

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Out west here we use 6 x 6 burlap squares. Dump into those, tie off the corners and toss them into the truck. At the dump toss them off untie and dump the grass (if your in a pick up). If you have a dump truck just untie them once you get them into the truck. We do it before we leave one job and head to the next because the longer they sit the funky err they get. We get at least a month on avg out of a burlap and they cost about 2.50 each for us buying 50 or so at a time. We typically rotate 6-10 on each rig and replace as they get holes.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
It would be a good investment in a high lift dump :waving:
Maybe... I have one, and am pretty sure my next Walker will not have a high dump. I can dump it manually just about as fast (though the cycle time may be faster on the new style dump). The high dump really limits how high you can go with side boards on your dump truck. It raises the catcher up, and puts more weight on the back tire which makes the top of the catcher crash into tree limbs, and reduces traction, making a mower that already sucks on hills absolutely worthless.

It sure is NICE when its 120 degrees out and you just want to get DONE, doesn't wear you out near as bad. That problem could be solved by starting at 7 instead of noon LOL.

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Well those responses don't help me to much lol. I'm not doing high dump and im not dumping those clippings in my truck bed. thats double work and extra weight in the truck that kills gas mileage. in my neck of the woods, we bag our clippings and leave em for the garbage man to take em to the fill. So does anybody no of a site that sells cheap 80 gallon trash bags.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
Sorry for totally derailing your post. Here is a link to some I found. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/80-gallon-2-5-mil-low-density-can-liner-trash-bag-50-cs/5015660.html

I also checked uline.com, they had nothing bigger then 65. Found these by googling "80 gallon trash bag". I feel sorry for the poor schmuck trash guy that has to pick it up, esp after sitting for a day or two. Must be nice to have trash service like that, the outfit here in town is all automated. If it isn't in or stacked on top of the bin, it doesn't get hauled off.

Landrus2

LawnSite Fanatic
Well those responses don't help me to much lol. I'm not doing high dump and im not dumping those clippings in my truck bed. thats double work and extra weight in the truck that kills gas mileage. in my neck of the woods, we bag our clippings and leave em for the garbage man to take em to the fill. So does anybody no of a site that sells cheap 80 gallon trash bags.
Home depot sells a big so big that if we leave it for the garbage guy it just sits there for ever :waving:

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah proab with home depot, if you buy bags all the time from them youll be working for bags. @ks yeah, its nice. haha yeah you not kidding, 10 bushels isnt light. Its ok tho, they have two garbage men on a truck for a reason. Thats what we pay taxes for, trash pickup. Uline is way to expensive. I found that site but I was thinking they asking 31 dollars for 1 bag lol. I think I can get 100 from my dealer for like 45 dollars. I just didnt feel like waiting till be gets a pallet in.