1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Garden Railroads

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Splicer, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

How often/many garden railroads, if any, do you guys see when out working? Do you guys even know what I am talking about? Here I am fixing a derailment on my garden railroad while it was open to the public during the 2002 National Garden Railway Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio...I am a long time member of the Cincinnati Garden Railway Society:cool2:

Copy of Picture 182.jpg

2. Splicer

And just so you don't think that a garden railway is only a season hobby, look again...:cool2:

Copy of Picture 179.jpg

3. Splicer

I think this is a missed niche in the market. Whats everyones thoughts?

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I agree but maybe a little bigger. Here in Scottsdale there is a Train Park, they have 2 tracks one small train pulls a bunch of cars that seat two adults per bench its a steam engine the other seems to be gas or diesel powered and it pulls about 18-20 people in a straight line one seat in front of the other, no real cars to speak of. I have a couple of clients that I could sell small train set-ups to if I had knowledge and a source. But they would have to be big enough to ride on, at least for small kids.