Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer called wanted me to get rid of her garden area and seed it, create 2 flower bed areas (my idea) and install some stepping stones for a path (flagstones my idea)

How are you bidding this?

Again I am solo and I do not work with heavy machinery just my Hulk strength.
Plant Handwriting Road surface Asphalt Grass

Plant Land lot Tree Grass Groundcover

Plant Property Window Tree Building

Plant Property Botany Road surface Wood

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Whats your definition of a flowerbed? Are you planting specific plants? Making a raised flowebed? What did you sell her on? And are you just tossing flagstones on the ground or making an edge and filling with crushed gravel or something?

That garden is just going to be how long do you think it will take to clear it out, and cost of seed.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats your definition of a flowerbed? Are you planting specific plants? Making a raised flowebed? What did you sell her on? And are you just tossing flagstones on the ground or making an edge and filling with crushed gravel or something?

That garden is just going to be how long do you think it will take to clear it out, and cost of seed.
The new beds will be flowers and paver edging to match the other side of the house, she wants daylilies installed.

The flagstones will just be placed down in order for her to have something to walk on when the area gets wet.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just here to say that I have grown to despise flagstone paths that are stones/pavers basically just tossed on the lawn. It's a pain to mow/edge around them, they crack if you run them over with a large mower or vehicle and they tend to sink over time.
The area where they are being placed does not grow grass. She does not like having to walk around the area after it rains because it is wet. This was the easiest fix within my knowledge to fix it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was my first time installing flagstones. I learned a lot about how to go about choosing the right sizes. I had to go back to the nursery to buy bigger pieces. All in all it was a fun job and I found a helper who is a hard worker for future jobs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$3700 seems high for this job. Congratulations!! Was the project a home run? Can you share how many labor hours and material costs?
We are in high demand right now so I tested the waters. I charged $100 per hr. Job took me 16 1/2 hrs. Again first time doing flagstones so I had no clue what I was doing.

The materials cost was $1,600 for jobs like this I always tend to add a buffer with material cost.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
We are in high demand right now so I tested the waters. I charged $100 per hr. Job took me 16 1/2 hrs. Again first time doing flagstones so I had no clue what I was doing.

The materials cost was $1,600 for jobs like this I always tend to add a buffer with material cost.
Well done!

·
Registered
7,826 Posts

Great job.

·
Registered
59,868 Posts

Sweet! Happy customer, good pay, and you learned something. Win-win-win!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts