• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

gas can holders

lawnboy

LawnSite Senior Member
i am having trouble for a easy holder for my trailers. I need to put 2 to 4 gas cans securely, and accesible. Any ideas??

BobR

LawnSite Senior Member
I do not like plastic (personal - I hate fishing the spout out of the container) so I purchased metal containers and mounting brackets from AWDirect.. To see go to AWDirect - Safety Equipment - Fuel Cans, Have used the product for two years without any problems.

www.awdirect.com

BobR

CHAINSAW13

LawnSite Member
I built a rack on the front of my trailer (open trailer). It's just a hair larger then the cans so they sit down in pretty tight. On either side of the rack are eyebolts. I run a bungee cord from one side thru the handles of the cans and to the other eyebolt. Never lost one single can. The other nice thing is that if gas prices get any higher I can scrap the bungee in favor of a chain and padlock. That will at least keep the honest people honest!
Hope this helps,
CHAINSAW

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
That must be because it comes with a can!

Actually, I didn't even look at the price. Scratch that'n off the list!:rolleyes:

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
also if anyone received the 2004 spring master catalog from Northern tool, check out the new product from blitz i saw it at the GIE and it's finally on the market. its a 12 gallon fuel tank thats D.O.T approved and its made to be mounted on a trailor and it has a fuel nozzle like a gas station. it all steel and its only $99