1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

gas consumption?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dylan, Jan 20, 2000.

1. dylan

dylan Member

Does anyone know offhand, how much gas a kaw 14hp roughly uses in a hr?<br>How about a kohler 25 hp?

2. DBALLARD

DBALLARD LawnSite Member

I was told about a gal. per hour. I don't know first hand.

3. dylan

dylan Member

For which engine, the 14hp or 25hp?<br>Or is the difference negligible?<br>

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

dylan,<p>I think the 14hp uses about a gallon/hour depending on load. The 25hp uses maybe 1 3/4 gal/hr. depending on load. A twin-cylinder requires a slightly higher displacement/hp ratio making is somewhat less effecient. But both are OHV which makes them more fuel effecient.<p>

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'll have to check my 25 Kohler, I didn't think it burned that much more compared to my 12 1/2 Kawasaki, but I may be wrong.

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

12.5 Kaw is a side valve which uses slightly more than 14 or 15hp OHV.

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've never measured the gas consumption on my 14 kaw but for me it is well less than a gallon. I don't even think to fuel it every day.

8. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

I have a Lazer with a 23 hp Kohler and a 52&quot; deck. Running it hard I burn a little over a gallon an hour. Probably 1 1/4 gph. Also have a 22 hp Kohler that burns about the same if not a little more for some reason. Smaller engines I'm not of much help.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I guess I left out part of that Lazer. What I forgot to add was the 12 1/2 uses about 1 1/4gal and hour and the 25 seems to use about the same. My Kubota 21 hp gas uses about a gallon an hour.<br>

10. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

My Kohler 25 H.P. on 60&quot; Dixie Chopper used about 1.4 gal per hour the last two seasons.<p>----------<br>Larry<br>