1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Leaking from Carb!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cariboulou, Mar 3, 2012.

1. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

Ive always drained fuel and bar oil for echo pole pruner since Ive bought it used like 2 years ago. Only use it 3 or 4 times a year so Im worried about old fuel ruining carb. Pulled it out this season to loan it to a friend and after i put fuel in tank, primed bulb 3x, started it up with no problem. Shut it off, ran it over to his house and noticed when I pulled it from truck there was a puddle of fuel under engine, took air cleaner off and saw fuel dripping from air cleaner! Got it to run again but when I shut it off, fuel keeps coming from carb? Could it be a stuck open needle? how can i fix this?:confused:

2. Shindaiwa / Echo Dealer

Shindaiwa / Echo Dealer LawnSite Member

There are two possible causes to the flooding. 1. The tank vent is not functioning, easy to replace and is only a buck or 2 buy. 2. The diaphragm needle is not sealing or the diaphragm is hardened causing the needle to stick open, this means rebuilding the carb which is not all that expensive eithor. Under $25 most of the time.