Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that most everyone has had some negative effects of the 10% ethanol alcohol mix currently being used by gas producers. Is there any brand of gasoline today that is still 100% pure gasoline or is it all 90%/10% gasoline/ethanol?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
There is some 100% gas stations around. From all the I have heard if you get 20MPG on 10% ethanol you can get from 23MPG to 25MPG (or more)on 100%. And you will have less water problems with 100% gas. Ethanol is the biggest joke there ever has been. It burns up faster and give you less. It "waters down" gas making it weak. You end up burning more gas when it has ethanol which is making you waste gas not save it. It wares out the fuel system faster and causes more water to collect in your fuel tank. I have also heard it makes more green house gases than 100% gas. I seen a bit on TV about it. They where saying that if we stopped using ethanol in the gas that the US would use 15% LESS oil per day than we do now. Ethanol is a step back-wards not forward as the "Children of the Corn" want you to believe. Good luck finding 100% gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.