Gas receipts for tax purposes?


LawnSite Fanatic
For mower gas, you need to keep track of gallons for credit for tax on fuels (Form 4136). You can deduct the federal taxes on fuel.

Truck gas is deductible as long as your not using standard mileage.


LawnSite Fanatic
yeah you can take the expenses you spent on gas but you come out better claiming the mileage. at least in my experience. it's best to take mileage on the truck and use expenses on mower gas rather than using expenses for all of it.


LawnSite Platinum Member
personally I turn in my mileage on my truck since its both a personal and work truck.

fuel on equipment is just included in my expenses for the season.