1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

gates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Aug 23, 2004.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

what mower should i get that can fit through a 36" gate other than a 21"

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

A 32" walkbehind. For belt drives eXmark, scag, bobcat, toro, etc. For single hydros ferris. For dual hydros Wright(the only company currently, eXmark for a while but they stopped production).

3. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 28" snapper riding mower for that very purpose. It doesn't have a wide cut....but it sure beats push mowing. It fits easily into nearly every gate. Also is fairly cheap: $1000

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If a gate looks tight I measure it BEFORE agreeing to do the work. I'm not buying a special mower for the 0.03% of people with small gates.

5. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

Actually (around here anyway) many, many people have gates that won't fit a 30-something inch machine......I'd say as high as 15% - 20%. I use my 28" snapper all the time. You wouldn't want to cut a 3 acre lot with it but it sure comes in handy for the 1/2 acre lots.

6. nickslawn

nickslawn LawnSite Member

I use a murry 11hp 36in. Works great but thats all I have besides 21". I don't push with adding more to the price.
    Nick

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

For the most part, you can't go wrong with a 32"....................