1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

gator blade? or "wavy" blade?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tallcoopscoach, Jan 23, 2008.

1. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

I am wanting to put a mulch kit on my deck by spring and I've been told the gator blade is the best mulching blade. The dealer I bought my mower from, however, is trying to sell me "wavy" blades with my mulch kit. Which should I get? I don't want clogging and I can discharge with gator blades rather than put the steel in front of the discharge deck.
    Thanks for any help.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They both work great, depending on your cutting conditions one may work better than the other, that is why we offer both.
    I would go with what your dealer recommends, he knows what is working well in your area.

3. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I like the gator blades they seem to be a bit heavier then regular blades hold an edge a bit longer but the wavy blades work better if you put the mulch kit on they give better lift