1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gator Blade Story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by p7m8hk, Jun 20, 2009.

1. p7m8hk

p7m8hk LawnSite Member

Hello All,

Just wanted to thank you guy/gals for the information and opinions you provide to folks like me that just own ztr’s for residential proposes and a couple of small “pay” yards (to help justify a $7500.00 mower to the wife) Anyway back to my post… I’m sure most knew this however I did not. I read on here where a lot of people were having good luck with “gator” blades. So, off to my local dealer to try a set on the 757. Well try them a couple of days and it was less then impressed, I got a a lot of build up under the deck, thiner (compared to stock JD blades) and they didn’t seen to have enough vacuum. So I came back to lawnsite.com and began read a little more and came across a posting were one member that thought the gators were the best but he referred to them as gator 3in1. This is when I call my dealer and he said… oh you were wanting the “magnums” What difference these new Gator magnum 3 in 1 are great and have a beautiful cut with no build up and very thick.

Thanks again