Gator Blades all year long?

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
I cut a few yards with my new to me Toro Grandstand 36 with the Turbo Force Deck and I am not happy with the clippings size compared to my previous Gravely. I've tried it on "C" first, then "B". Otherwise it's a hell of a machine! I'm in Georgia and am wondering are there any of you that run Gator Blades all year long? On Oregon's site, they only list the G3 part# 96-344 for my particular Grandstand.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
I run a g5 yr round on my ferris. The ferris deck likes alot of lift though so I also run a high lift, or a shredder type blade doubled on the same spindle depending on the time of yr.

OP
NewVision

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
I run a g5 yr round on my ferris. The ferris deck likes alot of lift though so I also run a high lift, or a shredder type blade doubled on the same spindle depending on the time of yr.
I was thinking of an oem blade left side with the G3 on the discharge side to help shred the clippings. I dont want to invest in the full mulch kit and not be happy.

OP
NewVision

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
No idea how that works. I want to make sure I get the same cut from each blade, not changing from left to right, so I keep the same setup on each spindle
I understand. I'm grabbing new oem blades, sharpen them and see how they do. If I'm not happy, I'll throw the G3's on and see how they do. I definitely need my clippings to be smaller!

Top Forums