Gator Blades all year long?

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
Your right ERIC502 this method works for me and may not work for everyone else. Some of you guys deal with way more leaf load then I currently do. Plus it’s 3 of us and some guys are completely solo so that would change things too.

Also during those weekly leave clean ups once an area is blown off or cut the area is considered done. That still means by the time your done the whole lawn there are gonna be leaves that dropped on top of the completed areas. Those leave stay till the next cut and I make sure the Cust understands this. It hard on my OCD but time is money…..lol

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
Lol…..I don’t consider it Genius …just what works for me and figured out over many yrs of doing it different ways till I had it honed in. By all means if any of my method works for you please use it. Hopefully it helps someone shave some time off or it gives them another way to make their lives easier. Nothing tickles me more then learning something new and I get enjoyment out of helping others as well.

One of the things I really like about LS is there are some really good peoples that share really decent info on here. I do way more reading then posting the whole you have 2 eyes and ears and 1mouth so you should do twice the reading /listening and 1/2 the speaking thing.

OP
NewVision

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
Lol…..I don’t consider it Genius …just what works for me and figured out over many yrs of doing it different ways till I had it honed in. By all means if any of my method works for you please use it. Hopefully it helps someone shave some time off or it gives them another way to make their lives easier. Nothing tickles me more then learning something new and I get enjoyment out of helping others as well.

One of the things I really like about LS is there are some really good peoples that share really decent info on here. I do way more reading then posting the whole you have 2 eyes and ears and 1mouth so you should do twice the reading /listening and 1/2 the speaking thing.
You have a great business plan! LS is a great place to come to for guidance if you're willing to hush and accept the help! I get a kick out of those that already have their own complete idea or plan and come in here looking for advice, then shoot all the advice down!:wall:

Eric502

LawnSite Senior Member
Off subject slightly... but to add to my last post when I said I mulch everything..... no matter the mower I am using (48/61 both sit on ztr) I DO NOT have a mulch kit on either of those mowers. I have a chute blocker, kubota brand on the kubota, grassflap on scag. But that is all. No rhyme or reason to it, the chute blocker is more versatile in my use than a 100% dedicated mulch setup.

OP
NewVision

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
Off subject slightly... but to add to my last post when I said I mulch everything..... no matter the mower I am using (48/61 both sit on ztr) I DO NOT have a mulch kit on either of those mowers. I have a chute blocker, kubota brand on the kubota, grassflap on scag. But that is all. No rhyme or reason to it, the chute blocker is more versatile in my use than a 100% dedicated mulch setup.
I've seen it done two ways. One where they will have a chute blocker and just change blades in the fall, or they will have a chute blocker but still install the mulch kit baffles and blades for fall.

Top Forums