Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Hustler Super Z 60" with the XR7 deck and fusion blades. I can't seem to find Gator blades from any after market place. Most places indicate they do not have Gator blades for the XR7 deck. Anyone aware of a place I can get them? I want them for the fall to mulch leaves.

(Still have the 2002 Hustler Z 60" for sale in the equipment category 7/31)

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I got my gators at the dealer, but I think Mowpart.com sells them [they are a sponser on this site]. If I remember right the fusion blades and the gator blades are made by Oregon so there should be alot of places for the gator xr7 blades.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Do you have a mulch kit or do you just want to try the gators? We need so much lift here for cutting I would never attempt gators on an XR7 but I don't know the conditions in your area. MJB got about a good a cut out of an XR7 mulching that I have seen, I would ask him what he is using blade wise. 2006 Hustler Super Z, 66" XR7, Flex Forks, 30 HP Kohler, & Stripe Roller is what he has listed and he makes some good looking stripes. If you can get those stripes in Indy to look as good as his you will have plenty of customers.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I run double Gators on my Super Z (66" XR7) and they work great. I ordered them from the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to the few that give me a place to get the blades. I am not really looking for a response as to who likes them and who doesn't. I WANT them and am looking for responses on Lawnsite that help me locate them as my dealer does not provide them nor do they provide me with any other place that might sell them.

To reiterate I have a brand new 60" Hustler Super Z with the XR7 deck and no mulching kit. I am looking for a dealer/aftermarket place that might sell them. I will be using the blades to mulch leaves. Having nice striping in the fall is not a priority for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You gotta do a little cross reference work to come up with them........Hustler doesn't supply them. The OEM blade for your mower is a Hustler part # 794685, 20.5" with a 5/8 center hole.

The Gator Mulcher hi-lift number that matches that is 90-724 and the Gator Magnum is 90-424 (Magnums are wider, heavier and have more lift).

The older Super Z used a "humped" blade that was a little longer (about 20 15/16") and had more overlap, your XR7 deck should use flat blades and the numbers above should work. I got the OEM blade info from a 2007 Hustler XR7 owner's manual.

You should be able to get them from several of the on-line retailers that are sponsors on Lawnsite.

·
Registered
97 Posts
However... Alot of the Origanal Gator Mulcher Blades are going to what's now called a Gator Mulcher 3-N-1 and the old Part number 90-724 are still in stock as of August 23rd 2008 but once there gone the new number will be 96-740. So Blades for that machine are: (Stay with me here)

91-506 standard replacement blade
491-506 Standard Replacement Fusion Blade
90-424 GATOR high lift (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)Replaced by 96-335
96-335 GATOR MULCHER 3-N-1 High Lift. (3-n-1 = blade,mulcher,high lift)
90-724 GATOR MULCHER MAGNUM (Only Available while supplies last!)Replaced by 96-740.
96-740 GATOR MULCHER 3-n-1 Magnum (3-n-1 = blade,mulcher,high lift)

Please make sure the blade on your machine are 20.5" in length when measured diagnol blade tip to blade tip. Im not a hustler dealer and Im sourcing this info directly from the Oregon book from the info ed2150 provided. All of you may have the same model BUT!!!! The Diffrence in your serial numbers is the difference in the parts your model was manufactured with!

FOR EXAMPLE:

the Blades ed2150 is using are in the book under BUNTON! 20.5" 5/8 hole.
But if i look under HUSTLER there are 14 blades to fit the 60 hustler deck. Almost all of these have a different length. from 20 1/2, 20-61/64, 20-15/16, 21" and 21-7/8". Only 2 cntr hole sizes though! 1/2 and 5/8.

Under Hustler there is a new GATOR at 20.5" 5/8 cntr hole part number 96-319 But also shows part number 96-700 at 21" 5/8 cnter hole for the 60" super Z :dizzy: SO! to make a long story short! Call 972-635-7225 mon-fri 8 to 5 cst and ask for Scott. Im sure I have the Blades you need. :waving:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the 60" dixie chopper blades and the 60" XR7 blades are the same. Check the specs. There are a lot more blades listed for Dixie Chopper. I have a 42" FTSD and it uses the same Fusion blades as the 60" XR7 and it crosses over to the dixie number.

JOHN

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, finding aftermarket blades for Hustler is confusing; for the most part you have to match them up. MowPartRep, I didn't know Oregon was changing some blade/part #'s, thanks for the info.

I took the info for his blades from the April 2007 parts manual for the Hustler Super Z with XR7 deck; it showed the blades as 20.5 inches and the blade bolt as 5/8 (.625) inches.

I've had trouble tracking down blades for my 52" Mini-Z but finally found out that aftermarket blades listed for Scag and ExMark work just fine even though they're just a tad bit longer than the Hustler spec.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.