1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gator Blades for Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JDeere Fan, Oct 19, 2004.

1. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

I have a JD 7H17 walkbehind with 7 Iron deck and was wondering how well Gator Blades will do on this machine. What about leaves etc?

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I havent put any gators on my Deeres yet, but I tried a set of high lift gators on my exmark viking and am very pleased with them. I will probably buy a set for my Deere's in the spring. I'd say they cut about 80-90% of the leaves into pea sized pieces. The clippings are cut smaller too. Anybody who knows me, know im pickier than $hit about clippings and how my yards look. So to say Im pretty happy with them, thats a good thing.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see how these blades would have any less of an effect or work any worse on a wb as they would on any other mower. If you REALLY want to see something cool, get a row of leaves gathered up and back through them. It's amazing how much more they get reduced down than going through them forward.