Gator blades what the difference

Diddy

LawnSite Member
Hey guys can anyone tell me what the difference is between the g6 blades and the 3 in 1 blades, and which ones you prefer and why.
thanks so much

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
The G6's are a high lift blade that incorporates the high lift sail, the fusion cutting edge, a longer cutting edge, are 3" wide instead of 2 1/4" or 2 1/2", and it is made from much thicker steel. The G6's are head and shoulders above the std gator 3-1 blades in performance, with the possible exception of using them with a full mulch kit because they simply move so much air that you will get a lot of front skirt blowout using the G6's. All the 3-1 name on the std gator's means is that they can be used for bagging, mulching, or side discharging. Nothing new or special there.

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
I think the Scag Eliminator blades are by far the best "gator" style blade I have ever used.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I think the Scag Eliminator blades are by far the best "gator" style blade I have ever used.
The problem is that they also have a wavy edge to the cutting edge, and are designed to work with a full mulch kit. They won't side discharge near as well as the G6's do, since the wave towards the middle of the cutting edge is designed to force the clippings down into the turf after cutting them the second time. The G6's aren't designed to work with a mulch kit, but for side discharging, they're the blades to beat.

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
The problem is that they also have a wavy edge to the cutting edge, and are designed to work with a full mulch kit. They won't side discharge near as well as the G6's do, since the wave towards the middle of the cutting edge is designed to force the clippings down into the turf after cutting them the second time. The G6's aren't designed to work with a mulch kit, but for side discharging, they're the blades to beat.

Are you a sales person? I don't give a hoot whether the clippings discharge or filter down into the grass. What I do care about is a clean cut and as minimal clumping as possible. I get that with the Eliminators. I have not used the G6's.....but I am willing to try. I have never and will never run a mulch kit.

I have used other blades before that created a ton of front blowout......and I moved on from them.

As stated......I feel the Eliminators are the best blades I HAVE EVER USED..........

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Are you a sales person? I don't give a hoot whether the clippings discharge or filter down into the grass. What I do care about is a clean cut and as minimal clumping as possible. I get that with the Eliminators. I have not used the G6's.....but I am willing to try. I have never and will never run a mulch kit.

I have used other blades before that created a ton of front blowout......and I moved on from them.

As stated......I feel the Eliminators are the best blades I HAVE EVER USED..........
Lighten up dude. I never said you ran a mulch kit. I said those blades are designed to work best with a mulch kit. and what I said though is fact. To answer your question- no, I'm not a salesperson, but I do know what works. I have used the blades you are talking about too. I bought them from a Deere dealer about 6 or 7 years back, and they are identical to the Scag blades. The were made by a company called SUN. Don't know if they still sell under their own name through other manufacturer's/dealers or not, but they used to.

However, this thread isn't about some other type of blade. The OP asked what the difference is between the 3-1's and the G6's, yet you popped in and posted about a blade no one was asking about in this thread. Are you a salesman?:rolleyes: