Gator Blades

Integrity-LC

LawnSite Member
Might not hurt to try your local dealer, mine gets my blades for me for cheaper than I can find them for online. YMMV though

OP
Hexa Fox

Hexa Fox

LawnSite Senior Member
Might not hurt to try your local dealer, mine gets my blades for me for cheaper than I can find them for online. YMMV though

I do not think I have ever asked mine if he sells aftermarket blades. He just might, I notice he has a lot of Oregon stuff. I want to support him I really do but the stuff there is just too expensive. A set of factory blades for my Ferris I believe are now over $100 and just to sharpen them it costs $35 and they do not balance.

That is why I made the post over a year ago asking for recommendations on blade sharpeners. I went with the Bradley in case anyone wants to know. I do not have a lot of experience with it yet. I do wish it took off material a little faster though. At the end of last year I bought nine Oregon high lift blades for cheaper than it would have costed me to just get my sharpened from my dealer.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I just put the same blades into my cart there. Red Dog Supplies actually beat them by 44 cents. I found the dealer on eBay and decided to see if they had an actual website. I saved a few dollars going to their website over eBay as well.
Look at shipping charges etc too. Not all of them use the same system and the ones using the USPS should be avoided altogether. Sometimes if a place is a few cents less on pricing, you still end up paying a couple bucks more in shipping so no gain there. Glad to know there is a lace that is close to FD, though I have had such good service from them over the years, it will be hard to go elsewhere, and for the blades for my machines, I haven't been able to find a better price anywhere else yet. Maybe this place you went to can match or beat them, but I don't have time right now to go check.

OP
Hexa Fox

Hexa Fox

LawnSite Senior Member
Look at shipping charges etc too. Not all of them use the same system and the ones using the USPS should be avoided altogether. Sometimes if a place is a few cents less on pricing, you still end up paying a couple bucks more in shipping so no gain there. Glad to know there is a lace that is close to FD, though I have had such good service from them over the years, it will be hard to go elsewhere, and for the blades for my machines, I haven't been able to find a better price anywhere else yet. Maybe this place you went to can match or beat them, but I don't have time right now to go check.

So Red Dog Supplies sounds really familiar to me. So I have probably found them in the past or bought something from them. I have been ordering a lot of my blades online so that just might be it.

Last edited:

Top Forums