Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know were I can buy a set of high lift gator blades for mulching for my JD 717 ZTrack? They have a 7/8 center whole .Do they even make this or something similar?

·
Registered
35 Posts
stumper1620 said:
I get mine for my 737 right from my JD dealer, he has a full stock & anything he don't have he can get every friday
Stumper1620
I just tried a set of "gator blades" from my John Deere Dealer. They were NOT the real Gator Blade!! Mine said "Predator" on the invoice, so I e-mailed a Gator Blade supplier & was told these blades were not the real Gator Blade. I did not like the way they cut, which was what made me persue this matter. I have used the real Gator Blades in the past on a different unit, & they did a real good job. These clones did not. I took them back to the John Deere Dealer, & even though I had used them on one yard, they worked with me on a set of OEM blades. I'm happy with my dealer support.
bigcutup

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I have been buying mine from the DC dealer, they are a off brand, will have to find out where he gets them from. All three blades are only 26.75 with tax and hold up as good as any I have used including OEM blades.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
bigcutup said:
Stumper1620
I just tried a set of "gator blades" from my John Deere Dealer. They were NOT the real Gator Blade!! Mine said "Predator" on the invoice, so I e-mailed a Gator Blade supplier & was told these blades were not the real Gator Blade. I did not like the way they cut, which was what made me persue this matter. I have used the real Gator Blades in the past on a different unit, & they did a real good job. These clones did not. I took them back to the John Deere Dealer, & even though I had used them on one yard, they worked with me on a set of OEM blades. I'm happy with my dealer support.
bigcutup
mine are oregon. stamped right on them,

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
You can order them right from Oregon or any dealer can get them for you.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
tat900 said:
i also just bought a 717 did you guys put on the deer mulching kit or just runn the gator blades ?
Before I sold my 717 it had the mulching kit and gators and it was the best investment I spent on an accessory. It will make a yard look like it has been bagged or raked, was much better than my 737 with the mulcher. On the down side, it will bog down big time in tall thick grass like bahai. On grass that is cut every week will do great. In my area all the cheapskapes want it cut eow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.