Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Originally posted by Ultimate Lawn
My postings are now Copyright Protected. This means you may no longer quote me without express written consent. This consent is available through e-mail but please expect a delay of at least 2-5 business days. Copyrighted ®

I just noticed this...hehe. He must be sppending a fortune copyrighting all his posts!!!! For general info., it is a federal offense to use the "registered" symbol if the item in question is not officially registered with the US Patent/Trademark office.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Picked the Gator Rator up yesterday in the rain.

Crated up VERY well. No shipping damage.

Fit, finish, and overall "quick look" build quality are TOP NOTCH.

Haven't even opened the instructions yet.

Will try to get it on the mower some night this week. Look for a full report, as I will start a new thread on it.

From the "quick look" and the appearance of high quality welds, weather pak electric connectors, I'd say its worth every penny that they are asking. There is at least one other member using one right now, don't know his handle though.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
That makes sense - the copyright comment regarding the registered trademark symbol.

Isn't the Copyright symbol a C in a circle.

But the submission of writing into a discussion forum which includes TOOLS such as a QUOTE BUTTON, may be a voluntary contribution for FAIR USE in the entire site's forum.

I had put a copyright note on a posted article of mine, at a tree forum this week, but dropped the copyright notice, because I had voluntarily DEPOSITED my artical into the MACHINE so to speak.

If no one removes my artical from the forum, then I consider it as fair use.

There are fair-use exemptions - like photcopying a page from a book, but I'm not an expert on the technicalities.

It may be more likely than not, that moving text from one part of a forum, to another post, would qualify for fair-use exemption.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Yes, copyright is a "c" with a circle...I personally know because I have 12 copyrighted training programs years ago when I was with the Hertz Corporation.

A copyright is the same as a patent...don't screw with it. Infrigement of copyright has very stiff penalities...up to 5 years in prison, a $25,000 fine and 3X punitive damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.