• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Gday from Tassie

Machens

LawnSite Member
G'day all! I'm an Aussie lawn mower man from the island of Tasmania. Don't look it up or you'll want to move here, and there are enough people already ha.

I am Machen's Mowing and Maintenance, usually a 1 man operation but have a couple of hands that I bring on when needed.

I started 3 years ago with a $50 10 year old B&S, a Chinese brush cutter, ozito blower, some tools I had accumulated from looking after my own properties/stolen from dad, and a Peugeot hatchback with roof racks and no back seat.

I now have 2 Utes, 4 sthil brush cutters, a Masport pusher and Honda self propelled, a Murray ride on and Toro zero turn, Sthil combo tool with saw and trimmer and a bunch of other stuff, with 3 trailers.

Oh and I am building a racing ride on, just for fun.

I mainly do lawns with a goal to specialize in hedges and pruning, still upgrading equipment.

Anyway, gday! Hope.to.learn some stuff from this page!

Any facebook groups should join, let me know :)
FB_IMG_1603443681543.jpg
20201105_103618.jpg
20201106_111236.jpg

OP
M

Machens

LawnSite Member
Also, just want to say how lucky the Americans on this page have it, **** you guys have some nice trucks, for good prices too! I'm currently thinking about upgrading my 7x5 cage trailer to a 12x6 enclosed but I'd need to spend 20k on a vehicle to tow it!

Might just get a truck ha

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
Welcome to LS.
There are a few you Aussie's on here. Looks like you've had decent growth your first 3 years.
Winter is just beginning here so mowing season is done for now.
Good luck.