1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Geography and Income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fshrdan, Dec 12, 2001.

1. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

I'm interested in finding out what other LCO's charge per maintenance man-hour in different parts of the country. Especially those with not more that 3 full time employees, because that way we'd all have similar overhead.

My interest on this was piqued a few weeks ago when someone gave me feedback on this board that my normal $30/man hour was way low. Granted, it's usually higher... but I wouldn't think that this is "way low". Let's hear what other small time guys charge in different areas. A good idea might be to include the average value of the properties you service, too. My average residential is around a $200,000 house.

Daniel

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Forget the country-focus on the AREA. Things can vary so much within zip codes even. So why have a set $/hr amount based on area alone? I set mine by the area and by the type of job it is. I'll clean gutters off season for $20.00/hr, but if I'm doing any heavy landscaping, I want $50.00.

3. Matt's right

In the sevral zip code I do some of my prices go up higher.

Min. hourly charge $45 a man hour, truck/guy, any more than a few simple hand tools and it's more.

Size of LCO or the amount of empl. does not matter.

Charge accrodingly.

4. We try for 75$ a hour there's 4 of us it's a family run biz

5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a solo op and right now I shoot for $42/hour mowing, $60/hour trimming/hauling.

6. JEFF ZALMANOFF

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

i try to avg $ 28.00 per man hour . more is nice sometimes i do much better . if i have land fill fees then i add them in .

7. BOBCAT36

BOBCAT36 LawnSite Member

I'M A SOLO OP. AND CHARGE $35 PER HR.PLUS DISPOSAL FEES...AND MATERIALS

8. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Hey Jeff, just curious. Your signature. Is that supposed to say loaded from bear or loaded from beer?

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Going out on a limb here, but that signature could mean:

The business world is different. There are bears there. My bottom-line message is that if you're going to go into the workplace, figure out the deal. Learn it's about fighting bears.

Billi Lee: Loaded for bear

[​IMG]

I pasted straight from here: http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/trends/03/21/billilee/

Of course, it very well may mean otherwise. ;)

10. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

$35 regardless of the location although I would charge more if there was traveling time but I generally wont take jobs out of a certain area.

odin00- Is that $75 per man hour doing lawn maint. or is that landscape construction or spraying or what? If you are getting $75 for mowing that is excellent.