1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Get back, Loretta.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Facing south, 3 minutes ago.

DSCN0581ob2.jpg

2. Mike Leary

Here's "Bess" getting her tune-up prior to us leaving for the southland next week. I've used the same "shadetree" mechanic for thirty years. He only works on classics, so the mo/ho is right at home. :clapping:

DSCN1102bess at blakes.jpg

DSCN1103cad at blakes.jpg

DSCN1104cad.jpg

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Take your time, the weather in low AZ has yet to break. I suspect youll go to Flagstaff for a bit. Safe travels.

4. Mike Leary

Yup, we'll hang north until November or so. Can't wait to see the "wee one".

DSCN0382mohoflag.jpg

5. Mike Leary

"Bess" the mo/ho got a coat of wax today, a guy wandered by and said, "Good Kitty". I gave Bess a pat on the rear. She likes it, rather than ROTAR's attempts.

DSCN1277bessflag.jpg

6. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of motor does it have? I saw the "turbo diesel" lettering on the back. Is it pretty reliable? Any pics of the inside? I saw one of the "american picker" episodes where they bought an airstream bumper pool, and I was surprised at the value of some of those things.

7. Mike Leary

6-cyclinder industrial Isuzu, hot-rodded Chev turbo 470 trans w/ Allison innards. Very reliable, 15 mpg and she weighs over 15,000 lbs. It's a 1983 and I'd sell it (not) for prolly $65k.

8. Mike Leary

A friend just sent this from the ultra Northwest corner of the U.S.

P1310260carlsonpic.jpg

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

That is an awesome pic!

10. Mike Leary

He said, walking the beach, looked to one side,camera sorta ready, one chance, shot and got it. That's how most great pics are taken.