Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Originally posted by greg overbey
:cool: Kirby:
I ordered them on the website. After reading about you recieving the Worktoons I was preparing an argument for my return to the store. I was very pleased when I opened the box and saw SelectII on the box and the phones were red instead of yellow. I hope they resolve your order soon.
What exactly do you mean by you saw "SelectII" on the box? Were they Select II's? And if they were how are they different from the regular Selects?

Okay, Grainger called me back today. He told me this is the craziest thing he's ever heard of in the 9 years he's worked there.... but heres the story. Peltor, without notice, started shipping the worktunes to them as replacements. The website's model number was updated, however at-home catalogs cannot be updated. Also, the picture on the website comes from the catalog, and the people in charge of the updating etc. did not know enough about the products I suppose to catch it. However, I told the representative about some receiving selects other receiving worktunes and that led him to believe it was purely luck of the draw of getting remaining select stock. He was very sory for the inconvienance. He said if anyone has any questions about this issue call their customer support number, 1-888-361-8649. He said he advises that everyone to contact there branch office, because they're the one that makes the call.

So yea, this has been rather interesting. Man, how come I just couldn't have gotten some select.. JEEZE

Here's another Q:

Are they the rechargable type or do they take separate batteries?

Got mine yesterday........F-ing WORKTUNES! I even called before they were shipped to make sure they were selects. I said " are they red or yellow". She says " they're blue". OOOOOKKKK.
They arrive and it's yellow worktunes. I'm going to my branch today with a copy of this thread printed out.....I'll let y'all know.

Ordered a set too, got them today. You guessed it WORKTUNES. Called the local office and they call tech support, they all blame it on Peltor. The only thing he could offer me was another brand for an additional $100.00. I don't think so, I'll be returning these Monday.

I got the selects, what a difference from the worktunes, digital tuning is NICE! Now I dont have to be so "wierded out" by letting my employee share headphones... we were switching off at every job. Nasty. Anyway- Fight all you can, because I got selects, and they are NICE, you dont want to miss them!

Well, grainger told me the same thing as ACER. Blamed Peltor and then said they could order another set and HOPE that they are selects when they arrive. They would not call any other braches or the manufacturer to try and make sure I got what I ordered. I took my money back and gave him the print out of this thread and said to him.." You have a chance to make this right with thousands of people listening in the landscape field. A stroke of the keyboard can really hurt your name, it happened to Gravely recently. " He thanked me and offered a discount on something else, but i don't see him addressing this issue on here. Does anyone else? It was David from the Nashville office. He had the web hooked up right in front of him while we were talking. So I say to Grainger....YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!

This guy was very apologetic and quite professional, However there was no real attempt to correct the situation.

Yardboy, I'm glad your rep was phenomenal. Did you get your selects?

I would be very surprised if I were to see Grainger make a post on here. I think the chances of them making things right for everyone are slim to none. It would be nice for them to admit that they made a mistake and face the consequences.

If I make a bid for a lawn and then realize it takes longer than I had estimated then I don't just mow part of it and let the rest go. I suck it up and do what needs to be done to make the customer happy.

I guess only time will tell. Hope everyone gets what they are entitled to.

Just called local store in Detroit area and they are going to ship a pair to the store. Told them I wanted to see them before I bought them. I used the # 4yz61 and they came up as the price online. I'll let everyone know which pair comes in tomorrow afternoon.

Originally posted by Vibe Ray
Here's another Q:

Are they the rechargable type or do they take separate batteries?
BTW, I am asking about the Selects.

Vibe Ray- The selects are separate batteries. 2 AA to be exact. Sorry to not respond earlier

Well went to Graingers today and took a look at what I had ordered and guess what, yes work tunes. Told the guy that the numbers were for selects but these were work tunes. I also noticed that the numbers were hand written on the box. The salesman didn't seem to care so I said no thanks and left.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.