Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking for a ztr for some time now and have narrowed it down to a few choices. i dont want to go bigger than a 52" deck. a dealer in my area has a used gravely 250z with about 450hrs. on it. thats the 2 series their top models, it has a 50 inch deck with the 19horse kawa motor. they had sold it not even 2 years ago to a church in the area for thier mowing needs so i has never been used commercially they said it sold for 6500 and they are now asking 4800 for it. any ideas, comments?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What is your dealer like? Do they offer demos if your machine is down? Do they seem to have a steady stream of clientele? Have you tried at least a couple different machines on your properties? What type of cutting will you be doing?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are actually several dealers in the are but this one that is selling the gravely is the only major stihl dealer, so i have a basis with him b/c of my stihl purchases. they are pretty well established, and have a great service station. i am not so sure about offering demos during downtime, ill have to ask. my lots range in size from 1/3 acre up to 2 acre lots. next season i might be getting a 4 acre lot, and alot more lots that are approximately 1/4 acres. for this reason i think the 50" deck is a good choice for the range of lots.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one of my close friends just bought a tiger cub and he loves the machine, ive pretty much steered clear of scag's b/c of their price but ill look into the cub. id like to make a correction to my previous post, seems ive underestimated the size of my lots and they are all pretty much 1/2 acre or more rather than 1/3 or 1/4 acre lots, just used a unit converter. and my largest lot has a lot of trees spaced just far enough to get a ztr around them, which would greatly cut down on trim time, as it takes too long to use my riding tractor to cut around them right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.