1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Getting dry down here

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by South Florida Lawns, Mar 31, 2006.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Raining like crazy here and getting our snowpac too.Do you get snow in Florida?

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

only in miami lol:clapping:

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No I am serious

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yeah as a matter of fact we have had snowfall, back in 1989.

It was cold enough to gather on the ground in areas too.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Some of the best snowmobiling and skiing in the USA is in Florida. :rolleyes:

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Steve,

Say it isn't so.

45 days of dryness starting now. My god man. What is a guy to do with my ad budget already spent. :)

I would be happy with a few showers just to get the stuff growing. That swamp we had last summer I can do without.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Sheshovel
    in 89 we had snow in Orlando one evening. Just a dusting, but when I left work, people where seriously asking what the hell is that. Some thought it was the other snow, some had no idea. others of us with a little clue were laughing our asses off.

I would guess it was about a 1/16 of an inch. I would assume the northern parts of Florida get it more often than once a decade or two, but even so, nothing of any appreicable amount and it won't last long.