Getting injured...

landscaper22

LawnSite Bronze Member
Temp agency doesn’t do it all, it gives you an employee who wants to work, and is on the books. They cover the fees, you cut a check.. Obviously you still need to run the business side.
I know what you are saying. I just think that if you were solo and waiting until you were out and couldn't do any work, then trying to get temps to work your route if you couldn't be there would be horrible as they would be clueless. But yeah if you can work with them, it could be a good idea.

OP
South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns

LawnSite Member
I just Googled the cost of LTD and it said 1-3% of your covered income is average. I swear my quote was WAY more. I remember going home and telling my wife how insane the price was. Maybe the place I went quoted me way high.
That’s the same thing I just read too, that doesn’t seem so bad.

kemco

LawnSite Gold Member
Many moons ago I used to sell private LTD and it it was the eff more than that. And the older you get the more it is. And someone like me who has been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis even though I'm out there every day working with my crew can never get it at any price.

landscaper22

LawnSite Bronze Member
That’s the same thing I just read too, that doesn’t seem so bad.
Some companies just don't like writing certain polices. Don't know why. Some are way higher on commercial policies than others. I figure it is about the same with disability. I would get a few quotes. If you are able to get it, I would for sure. That is something great to have. Even if it was only $1500/month...That isn't much, but will pay some bills. If you have a spouse with a job, and have $1500-1800 in disability, you can pay the basics at least.

landscaper22

LawnSite Bronze Member
Many moons ago I used to sell private LTD and it it was the eff more than that. And the older you get the more it is. And someone like me who has been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis even though I'm out there every day working with my crew can never get it at any price.
Same with me. I have an auto immune disease and can't get it at all.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Most of the guys I’ve hired over the years all talked a good game until we got out into the field. Fully experience they say etc.. one more thing to keep in mind because it really messed your schedule up when you have to stop what your doing and come to the rescue. Especially if your hurt/hurting

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Easier said than done. I have a lot of health problems and my doctor basically said I would never get it because of my age and education.

It's tough man. I think of this every day. I went out for foot surgery and gallbladder just a few days apart. Luckily it was winter and my dad was able to do the minimum to get me by. This is exactly the reason I don't like this business. You find help, they don't stick around or they do sub par work, and act like they don't have a brain. You try to do it solo, then you get hurt, then you are out of luck.
My disability policy is just enough to get buy god forbid. But something always comes along, you know how it is in this country there's opportunity of some sort around every corner. It may not be super high pay but enough to get by at least.