Getting injured...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by South Hills Lawns, Sep 16, 2019.

1. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you are saying. I just think that if you were solo and waiting until you were out and couldn't do any work, then trying to get temps to work your route if you couldn't be there would be horrible as they would be clueless. But yeah if you can work with them, it could be a good idea.

JLSLLC likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns LawnSite Member

That’s the same thing I just read too, that doesn’t seem so bad.

3. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Bronze Member

No, it doesn't. I think this off season I'll need to shop this around a bit. I'm sure it's a good thing to have but the cost has to be what I consider reasonable for me to pay for it.

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.
  4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Many moons ago I used to sell private LTD and it it was the eff more than that. And the older you get the more it is. And someone like me who has been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis even though I'm out there every day working with my crew can never get it at any price.

landscaper22 likes this.
  5. landscaper22

Some companies just don't like writing certain polices. Don't know why. Some are way higher on commercial policies than others. I figure it is about the same with disability. I would get a few quotes. If you are able to get it, I would for sure. That is something great to have. Even if it was only $1500/month...That isn't much, but will pay some bills. If you have a spouse with a job, and have $1500-1800 in disability, you can pay the basics at least.

Mark Stark likes this.
  6. landscaper22

Same with me. I have an auto immune disease and can't get it at all.

kemco likes this.
  7. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the guys I’ve hired over the years all talked a good game until we got out into the field. Fully experience they say etc.. one more thing to keep in mind because it really messed your schedule up when you have to stop what your doing and come to the rescue. Especially if your hurt/hurting

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

@Mow-Daddy.com has used a temp agency before, maybe he can chime in.

landscaper22 likes this.
  9. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Had a "fill in guy" week ago Saturday. Was recommended by the guy I usually use on weekends as a fill in. If this new guy moved any slower we would have been violating the laws of physics and been moving backwards in time.

10. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

My disability policy is just enough to get buy god forbid. But something always comes along, you know how it is in this country there's opportunity of some sort around every corner. It may not be super high pay but enough to get by at least.

landscaper22 likes this.