1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

getting landscape business started

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nickjl1, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. nickjl1

    nickjl1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    i've been doing construction landscaping for the last three summers. I want to get my own business started but i'm not sure of where to start as far as licenses, federal tax ID number, getting jobs etc... i live in salt lake city, Utah. any info would help alot. thanks
  2. lawnpro724

    lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,201

    Contact your state department of revenue and ask them to send you a business registration tax kit, it should have everything you need. You may need to contact your department of Agraculture and take the test to get a commercial aplicators license for chemicals. You can also do an internet search for FEIN irs.gov
  3. Tim Wright

    Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,034

    A good accountant can help with the FEIN, and state board of labor for your contracting license.


    HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,981

    No you don't need no accountant :laugh: you just log onto irs.gov and you just apply for the number...if I remember they give you the number immediately and later on you get the official stuff in the mail.
  5. Solid

    Solid LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

Share This Page