Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaf time is coming up and wanted to get ideas on the methods lco's use to get leaves from the back of the property to the street where the truck is. With 95%of my accounts, I can't get the truck close enough to vac or blow the leaves closer to the truck. Tarpping seems to be a hassle and a back breaker.

Thanks for Your input----Mike

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
tarping to this day is the best thing going for us, or just having them in the bagger and unload the bagger into the leaf truck

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
We have 6 Trac Vac collection systems that we use. You might want to check out their website. They make a vac system for virtually every type of mower (Z, WB, outfront models, etc.).

·
Registered
332 Posts
"Tarping it" has cut my time WAY down. Sometime the simplest idea can be such a breakthrough!

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by A1 Grass
"Tarping it" has cut my time WAY down. Sometime the simplest idea can be such a breakthrough!
I would have to agree. The other thing that saved us time, and also storage space on our leave trailer, was we mulched down the leaves first, and then through on the baggers and bagged them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We've been doing the old tarp method as well. We picked up a tarp at Menard's that has a drawstring build in. It works great. I think it was like $5.00. Well worth it.

We're getting the big bagger system for our ZTR before fall so we'll suck up as much as we can and tarp the rest.

In our area, we have always had curb-side leaf pick-up. The aren't doing it this year, so I expect a LOT of leaf work.
:D $$$:D

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
A bagging system is the ultimate way to get it there, I believe. As for me, we are still tarping and using the mower to pull the tarp while hanging on to it (beats walking, and alot faster). I try to plan ahead, and if wind conditions are cooperative, be start at the back, and work our way out towards the truck. If I can gather them all right near the truck then shred them the rest of the way into dust before loading, then that's what I do. I can only envy the guys with leaf loaders and clamshell type baggers. Cleanups are a whole different caliber of work with setups like these. I've debated on getting an Ultra-vac before, as I just don't know if the cost would be feasible for the method(s) that I use. It really doesn't take me that long to pick it up once it's gathered. :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nobody uses the mower to push them? That is all we ever use. Just pile them as high as the blowers will pile them and drive the mower into the pile and out to the street. Simple.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This question is for LGF... I have the same mower and the pecos collection system just like you for the leaves. Do you have a problem with leaf blow-out on the right front side of the mower which makes it hard to get all the leaves. I usually have to mow in a circle and still leave a small strip of un-picked-up leaves just to the right of my mower. I've tried turning down the throttle but that doesn't do to good. This problem is worse on poor turf.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is the antiblowout baffle the little 3 in. by 6in. piece of metal that mounts under the deck in that area? If so, yes I have it but I may not have installed it last year but remeber taking it off after the first year. If this is not what your talking about, tell me. If this is what your talking about... thanks and I will check on that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.