Getting licensed in Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ranger520, Jul 30, 2002.

  1. ranger520

    ranger520 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 231

    What are you allowed to do without a license in Minnesota and how do I go about getting licenced in Minnesota?
  2. RoyaleRcr

    RoyaleRcr LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    You can't do anything here without a licence, breath, walk, sh__ _, and espesscially speak your mind. The thought police will round you up for offending somebody. lol. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. That said, call the State Department of Agriculture, they will give you the scoop. You need a catagory A, and Catagory E, card. You need to have proof of liability insurance, then you take the test. You buy the study materials from the University of MN St. Paul Campus. Good Luck,
  3. sirsweatsalot

    sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN
    Messages: 296

    so ruffly about how much would that cost a guy? and i live right on the boarder of MN and ND do i need two different licenes or what. i talked to a guy who got licensed in ND and Mn accepted it so if i took it in nd would mn still accecpt in even though i am a res of Mn
  4. RoyaleRcr

    RoyaleRcr LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    The cost for the insurance depends on alot of different factors. talk to a agent. Probably at least a few thousand dollars a year. Remmember, you can't even take the test until you have the insurance in place. As far as both states, you are going to have to ask the Dept. of Ag.

Share This Page