getting liscenced

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by whitefrog1, May 13, 2008.

  1. whitefrog1

    whitefrog1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 11

    I just passed the certification exam today for turf and ornamentals in TN. I'm a student and will have my A.A.S in golf course and turf management in the fall. My question is about getting licensed and bonded to spray residentials. The .gov website is kind of hard to understand. Do you have to have a 4 yr degree or 2 yrs experience to apply for the licensing exam? There are so many different options it's hard to tell what qualifies you to take it. I'm sure it varies from state to state though.

    Also if any one sprays can you weigh in on how it is going for you? What the income is like and how steady is the work? I'm considering starting a lawncare bus. next year for some extra cash through school and I'd like to be able to spray since 98% of the people here just simply mow and that's it. I figured that may set me apart a bit and I could pick up some money without worrying so much about being undercut by some1 else on mowing prices. Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Share This Page