Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search feature, and could not find anything.

I cringe at asking this, because some people will probably bite my head off, but--

What are the steps I should take to obtain a business lisence? I don't want to be no scrub.

Someone told me all you have to do is pay some money and fill out a form, another told me it's a lot more than that.

Also, if I'm just doing yard maitnence with a 21" push mower, trimmer, and a blower, can I work out of my house? Some say they don't allow that.. or something..

All of you are complaining about scrubs, so help me not be one. :help: :help: :help:

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I looked it up online, with little results.

Tax Registration
No additional fee
Department of Revenue
You must obtain a tax registration if you answer "yes" to any of the questions listed below. A tax registration cannot be transferred to another business.

Do you plan to gross over $12,000 per year?
Will you be selling at retail any item or product to another person?
Will you be repairing, installing, altering, decorating, or improving any item or product for another person (e.g., car repair, construction)?
Will you engage in a business that is responsible for any other state taxes (e.g. timber, fish, litter, public utility, hazardous substance/waste, etc.)?
Does this mean if I'm not making $12,000 a year, I don't need to pay taxes? I'm so confused. :(

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your city is anything like mine, all you need to do is contact the city that you live in and ask for a packet to obtain your business license. They will include everything you need to know, from taxation to home permits... ect...

You can also go online and print the forms yourself.... Hope this helps!

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saveonlawn said:
If your city is anything like mine, all you need to do is contact the city that you live in and ask for a packet to obtain your business license. They will include everything you need to know, from taxation to home permits... ect...

You can also go online and print the forms yourself.... Hope this helps!
Oh, thanks!! :) I'll do that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.