Getting New Clients before Spring

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AugustaLandscaping1312, Jan 12, 2018.

1. AugustaLandscaping1312

AugustaLandscaping1312 LawnSite Member

Hello all! I've started a new company In Augusta, GA , here at http://www.landscaperaugusta.com , and I was wondering what strategies I could use to drum up clients before spring time rolls around? I'd like to hit the ground running in spring, but all we primarily do is regular lawn maintenance and your typical trimming and shrub care.

2. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome, not exactly sure how it goes in the south,as it's warmer, but I'm on hold for another 2 months, then it goes nuts. Best of luck to you.

North Idaho Dream likes this.
  3. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Member

Yup, tempting to post now with cabin fever, but smartest to go hard in the paint in march for us midwesterners

4. Kennedylawns

Kennedylawns LawnSite Member

This past year I started mowing in February but March is “go time” for us as well. I would personally wait until then to push any advertising. For me usually at least March and April is when I pick up the bulk of new clients. Plus when the summer heat starts then you get a few as well.

5. CountryboyTn

CountryboyTn LawnSite Member

I just started last year myself but i only mow part time on the side but I have already put out signs and knocked on doors and handed out buisness cards because I plan on getting more accounts this year, just to get people seeing my lawn care buisness name before they do contact someone else before time to mow gets here. I'm not a 20 yr veteran but that's just my way of thinking :laugh:, hopefully it works out. Good luck

LawnAndTurf likes this.
  6. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck,

I went to your website, lots of spelling errors, missing words, and using the wrong words. Ie; since instead of sense.
    If your trying to convince a customer details matter to you, your website should reflect that. Have someone that is good with grammar proof your site.
    Spring is coming so hope your yr is good.

7. Copper Creek Cuts

Copper Creek Cuts LawnSite Member

Going into my second season and hoping to snag some more clients in two neighborhoods by a pretty aggressive postcard campaign. Will be mailing every house at least once a month for 2018 with a postcard. Summer months will get bi-weekly post cards. Other than that, I don't plan on trying anything before or during the season (aside from a website, facebook, and google mybusiness page setup early last year).

8. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend using pictures that show your company at work, featuring logos and other identifying marks. It looks like stock photos were used a lot here. They look nice and are easy to use, but branding is very important in gaining your reputation.

Wye Oak Tree and tonygreek like this.
  9. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Missouri

Yeah, what Mow-daddy said...also it looks like the trimming wasn't done in a couple of those pics.....the commercial looking property along the sidewalk and where the parking lot, curb, and sidewalk meet especially stands out, plus weeds in the beds. Another one is the property with the backyard patio...doesn't looked trimmed either. Also the one with the paver type sidewalk and brick borders...grass in the cracks.

Good luck, but ya need to fix these problems on the site as well.

North Idaho Dream and tonygreek like this.
  10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

When I have to question whether it's a "real" site or a scammy lead gen site, that's not trust-inducing.