1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Getting new toy today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMonster, Sep 24, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Well, I waffled and thought about and struggled with the decision, but I finally bit the bullet on a new mower.

I'll be taking delivery on a new John Deere Quik Trac Stander today. 23hp/54" deck. It will replace my 60" fixed deck hydro Bob-cat. I think I got a pretty good deal at $6,050. I figure I was better off buying at this price than to take the price increase hit in the spring.

For you Wright boys, I went with J.D. because of GREAT (KOW) and local dealer support. I also like the easily adjustable deck height.

Yes, I demo'd it too. :)

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Let me be the first to say congrads on the purchase. :drinkup:

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

you "waffled"?

and changing the avatar won't help them..

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Yeah, waffled. Went back and forth, couldn't decided -- waffled.

No, avatar won't help -- I know that. I wish there was something that could help them with the friggin' Orioles, though. :rolleyes:

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

and changing the avatar won't help them..[/QUOTE]

Ouch

6. GreenMonster

from NH

1975, 1978, 1986, 2003

Sh!t, that's nothing.

7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

good idea on the pricing going up mark....hope you enjoy the machine. I bought the Cyclone Rake today with every accessory and commercial upgrade available $2,400 in all. Can't wait to use it this fall, leaves will finally be tolerable! I am going door to door in the neighborhoods I already do a lot in and offering cleanups now like $200 a house or something. get a couple friends together and do that for a couple weekends and she'll be paid for

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, chevyman as you know I don't agree with you on most of your price stuff, but.... I am interested to hear your review of the Cyclone Rake after you've had a chance to use it.

Maybe some pics of it in action, like before, during and after pics.

I've given a lot of thought about getting one, but I'm just not sure my lawns are big enough to justify it.

9. GreenMonster

from NH

As you probably guessed, I don't have any friends.

Hey! I finally convinced myself to make the plunge and get this new machine, and you're stealing my thunder over some glorified rake?!?! :nono:

Me and chevyman have had our differences too. It was probably a planned plot on his part.

:D

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be more than happy to let you and everyone know how it works with some pics. Have a great weekend