Getting Ready for Snow Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Consistency is a big factor, pushing snow here is a hassle. We can have 3 pushes one year and 20 the next.

Regardless of how much snow falls though everything is gonna be frozen and there ain't much else to do.

In my perfect Idaho we'd have one push a week. No more, no less.

OP
Rick13

Rick13

LawnSite Senior Member
Here's a flyer I got from Kage Company yesterday on their new AdvantEdge System.

It's like Arctic's plow where you can get movement to follow the contours of what your plowing.

For me, I just do residential driveways in my area. I really wanted an Arctic plow (which they are in my mind the best snow pusher for open parking lots). For Arctic you don't need to hook up your hydraulic lines....but their plows are made for more open/straight areas.

Why I bought the Kage SnowFire System:
a. Plow can angle, but you have to hook up your hydraulic (hope for no problems in the winter = no fun if you have an issue...lol)
b. Kage has a 3 foot extension/arm that you can push the snow farther and higher into a yard than just a normal plow
c. You can backdrag just using the plow....then
d. Re-attach the SnowBox without getting out of the cab....then push your back dragged snow to your snow pile area (this is huge and an amazing idea!!!)
e. And now they have this AdvantEdge - which is moveable blades that can follow the contour of the ground in resulting in a cleaner snow removal

And that was the one thing I was wishing for from Kage that Arctic had....moveable blades for a cleaner snow removal...and now they do....I just can't fit it into my budget yet, since I just bought My new plow system.....but next year....unless this Winter is a crazy one....then I'll buy it mid season!!!

Plus I still have to buy My Snow/Tire Package for the Skid Steer too....lol....it never stops!!!

Attachments

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Here's a flyer I got from Kage Company yesterday on their new AdvantEdge System.

It's like Arctic's plow where you can get movement to follow the contours of what your plowing.

For me, I just do residential driveways in my area. I really wanted an Arctic plow (which they are in my mind the best snow pusher for open parking lots). For Arctic you don't need to hook up your hydraulic lines....but their plows are made for more open/straight areas.

Why I bought the Kage SnowFire System:
a. Plow can angle, but you have to hook up your hydraulic (hope for no problems in the winter = no fun if you have an issue...lol)
b. Kage has a 3 foot extension/arm that you can push the snow farther and higher into a yard than just a normal plow
c. You can backdrag just using the plow....then
d. Re-attach the SnowBox without getting out of the cab....then push your back dragged snow to your snow pile area (this is huge and an amazing idea!!!)
e. And now they have this AdvantEdge - which is moveable blades that can follow the contour of the ground in resulting in a cleaner snow removal

And that was the one thing I was wishing for from Kage that Arctic had....moveable blades for a cleaner snow removal...and now they do....I just can't fit it into my budget yet, since I just bought My new plow system.....but next year....unless this Winter is a crazy one....then I'll buy it mid season!!!

Plus I still have to buy My Snow/Tire Package for the Skid Steer too....lol....it never stops!!!
What about a metal pless?
I once posted a thread about snow plowing, Michael had it deleted in less than 3 minutes. I honestly don't know why, but I'm not going over to plow site just to ask a question...
ya, oomkes and his minions are over there, I don’t blame you...

OP
Rick13

Rick13

LawnSite Senior Member
What about a metal pless?
ya, oomkes and his minions are over there, I don’t blame you...
Yeah, Metal Pless from Canada is great set up....and the moveable wings would be great!

But when I tried to look for a dealer (Metal Pless), maybe their website wasn't linked up right, but I couldn't find anything near me. So I thought if I needed a part, how long would it take and what's would be my turn around time be?

Didn't feel too good about spending money on an unknown parts supplier factor.

When I had two great newer companies to pick from....and both are pretty local too.

Kage is nice, it only rotates/ angles the plow....left or right. With any company with "Wings" they can break off, or when hydraulic are involved...pump or its leaking...a few more problems potential.

Arctic - is in Franklin, Illinois and Kage is up in Wisconsin....both companies improving on snow plow thinking thru truly new concepts for moving snow. Two different machines, and each one having excelled in their fairly respected main use.

Could you use an Arctic in residential, sure....but would it be as efficient as Kage.....I think not. Kage could be used in large parking lots...but there again....I don't think it's the best attachment for that job....Arctic would be.

Both companies are great....and I'm excited to see what each one will come up with....both companies seem to be game changers in the snow removing business.

OP
Rick13

Rick13

LawnSite Senior Member
Also....the Case Skid Steer....is considered "Heavy Equipment".....but I would be nice to have a forum about "Skid Steers" and "Attachments".

Posted here....tired Plowsite....but My Username and Password didn't work over there....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.