• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Getting Rid of Clover??

triadncman

LawnSite Member
Anyone know of a the best way to kill off clover in a yard without damaging grass. The yard has recently shown large patches of Clover and its beginning to take over. its probably about 1000 - 1500 sq ft. of clover.

Thanks

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
Also, as a side note (which doesn't answer yer question. . . but I found it interesting), clover is often present in areas of low Nitrogen. Heard this at a seminar back in February from a PhD and so I started looking and I think he's right. The properties that look like they've never fertilizer (or water) seem to have the most. At least around here. Goodday.

Shady Brook

LawnSite Bronze Member
Confront

A product called Speedzone also will do a nice job.

Jay

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
My favorite has always been Confront as well. It has always delivered results for me.... that is until this year. I'm having really piss-poor results out of my latest run of apps and that's from an overall point of view, not just clover.

Screwy!

Mscotrid

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use Lesco's Momentum. 1.5oz/1000. Combination cleaner lower odor 2 4 d and Clopyralid and Triclopyr (Confront). Works well, still would schedule retreat 14 days later if large patches of Clover.

General Grounds

LawnSite Senior Member
:blob3: momentum is great, but soon the be extinct and confront to be going as well, so stock up now.

my fav. for all broadleaf weeds is a confront and super trimec mix, mix does wonders, been using for years now. tony