1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of grease ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SouthernYankee, Mar 10, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

First and foremost, I really want to thank everyone here for their help. I finally have most of my operation up and running. Like I have said before I am not a new dog, but when you move somewhere new and you dont know a soul in the buisness, you need all the help you can get.

On my bobcat where the hydro hosing comes through the back grease fitting on the back upper arm, I have a lot of grease that has come off the fitting and is now sitting on the hose. I can only take off so much grease. Is there any other way to get this grease off?

2. ma5tr

ma5tr LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Try brake cleaner or wd40

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Brake cleaner is hard on rubber hoses it will dry the rubber out your better off using dish soap or even car wash soap. WD-40 will clean off most of the grease as it takes oil to clean oil.

4. Imulchmore

Imulchmore LawnSite Member

Try Spray-9 and a soft bristle brush with a light mist of water

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

kerosene and a soft bristle brush.:waving:

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

cold presure washer works for us. we used to use a steam system but in just smeared grease all over. the cold cuts it and it will fall off