Getting tire to stay on the bead?

lasher66

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi,
I have a 36"bunton walk behind and the front tire keeps leaking around the bead and over night it comes off the bead once the tire pressure is gone. I cleaned everything very well and cannot get the tire to quit leaking around the bead. Is there something I can put on the bead to get a better seal so it dont leak. I dont see any bends or dings that would cause this either. Thanks for any help given.

Lasher

Eddyyy302

LawnSite Member
Hey,

Take axle grease and an acid brush and brush the grease around the bead, and reseat it (with no valve in). The grease stops the leak around the bead. If this doesn't help put a tube in it.
Dan
Eddy Landscape Design

firekilr2

LawnSite Member
innertube will work great

SCAPEASAURUSREX

LawnSite Senior Member
You can try slime too if all else fails, but the tube is probably the more reliable way to go.. SOmething must be outta wack like the rim is twisted a bit or the tire is defective ?? one never knows with these things.. I have a slow leak in my truck tire that no one can find but me in the morning when its flat...LOL...

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
My vote is to put a tube in it, I strectched a couple of extra seasons out of a set of tires like that, they had become old and were leaking alot because they were starting to dry rot. I purchased some tires this spring and wow its almost like buying tires for a car $$$$$$$ you have shop around for good deals

sdwally

LawnSite Senior Member
Napa sell bead sealer which clipslawn mentions. We use it on occassion and it works well.

mudpie

LawnSite Member
I just to put silicon sealer on the tire bead let it set about five minets then air it up. this has never failed for me good luck

OP
L

lasher66

LawnSite Senior Member
Where can you buy bead sealer?