1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Giant Mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brento, May 16, 2000.

1. Brento

Brento LawnSite Member

I stopped at a Scag dealer and he had another<br>brand, Giant Mow. This is made by Giant Vac.<br>I can get a 48&quot; deck, with a 15 hp Kohler for<br>$2100 brand spanking new. The Scag is about<br>$1000 more. Has anyone used a Giant Mow? Is the cut any good? Is it reliable? It seems hard to beat the price - but sometimes you get what you pay for.<p>Part of the reason I am told it is so much cheaper is that the dealer is about 10 miles from the factory - doesn't get charged shipping.

2. Bill c

Bill c LawnSite Member

I had the 48 inch giant mow and had no problems except for the carb on the kawasaki motor.The scag is a better mower as far as fit and finish.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A friend bought a 48 several years ago. Kept it two months before ditching it for a Scag. Said it wasnt balanced right, every time the front casters hit a bump or root, the front end would jump up and stay there-weight seemed to be biased behind the axle-made for lousy cut.<p>Bill

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If you want the real GIANT MOW, get you a 72&quot; Choppa...........dats da real deal!<p>Homer

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

BRENTO - I don't know if I'm too late but, I had 2 Giant Mow's. They are made right by Coventry, CT. I used to live in Wtby. A cousin of mine had some connections at the factory, so I bought a couple demos they used after the BIG &quot;E&quot; . They're leaf loaders and blowers are top shelf, but I didn't like the mowers. Check out the factory though if you do end up buying from them. Save some $ instead of using the dealer!<br><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti