Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Is that not threaded on the inside of the impeller? I think you screw a bolt into it and it should force itself against the end of the crank and pull it off. Let it soak for 24hr in penetrating oil first.
Good luck Phil :usflag:

Could be an awkward b'stard though

·
Registered
403 Posts
Phil is correct about threading a bolt in there. If you are having a problem finding that large fine thread bolt you can just weld a nut to the face of the impeller and thread in your favorite size bolt. Remember, you will need about three or four inches of threads to pull the impeller completely off. The last time I did one I think I threaded a bolt into the crank to proptect those threads.

Scott

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Hello
I need to remove the impeller on my Giant Vac Leaf loader.

I’ts a 25 horse machine that is about 5 years old. Any instruction for removing it are appreciated.

rb
And does anyone know what size bolt is needed to force the impeller off ?

Thread size, lenght, etc ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
And does anyone know what size bolt is needed to force the impeller off ?

Thread size, lenght, etc ?
Can't tell from pic but, it might be worth a call to the manufacturer and ask the thread size. They might even have a special bolt for these. Over here Hayters have a fixing on their machines like this, the removal bolt has an extension on the end that bottoms out in the shaft to prevent damage to the thread.
Good luck, Phil :usflag:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Can't tell from pic but, it might be worth a call to the manufacturer and ask the thread size. They might even have a special bolt for these.
:
It's my next stop :) I'll leave a message and when they get back to me I'll post what they tell me :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.