1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Giant-Vac truckloader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iski3d, Jul 19, 2003.

1. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

I am looking to buy a truckloader, and my local dealer sells Giant-Vac truckloaders. I am looking at an 11 horse unit, it will be used on the back of a dump trailer. Is this a good unit or what else would you guys recommend? Mulching leaves is not an option here.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

definately go with the 16hp.....heres the pics you wanted...

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

back door. the whole unit and red door swing to the ladder and is clipped by the ladder while the top door is hinged.

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

some years ago I had a Giant Vac 11hp loader.

Sure you can pack more into the truck, yes you don't have to dump as often.

You lose a guy at the nozzle
    sticks and other debris that may not be seen can clog the hose or the outlet. The noise and dust. Needed 4 men to lift off the truck. Need another truck for the sticks and fallen branches.

Found it easier and faster without the loader.

A nice toy to try for a year or two.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with getting a 16 hp unit. I've had a Billy Goat for a couple of seasons and it makes fall clean-ups alot easier. I believe Giant-Vac makes a good unit also.

6. I like this one, it's a 30hp.

[​IMG]

I had all those problems with my dump trailer, that's why the bigger vacs. Ever since i got the bigger one, leaf removal has been a breeze and very profitable.

[​IMG]

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats Ultimate Loosers! What are you doing posting that calling it yours?;) :D

8. No No No, Bought and paid for by me.

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Is this the Emil thread again?:eek:

10. The Who? Pinball wizard...........