• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Giant vac's??

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
Does anyone use the Giant vac (Leaf Buster) on there zero turn?? Looks like something i could use:D

John

i_1_0a_8_1.jpg
 

bigchap

LawnSite Member
Location
New Jersey
Looks like it would work nicely, but I dont see that much more benefit opposed to a push billy goat or giant vac because you can't go to fast when you blowing leaves. If the cost isn't much more than go for it. The blower are unbeatable when you have a big leave job to do.
Good luck
 

mdb landscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
Location
Glastonbury, CT
hey john, i see a few guys in town who have them use them. by watching them work they do work pretty good! we have a huge agrimetal blower that mounts on the front pto of a hustler 4600 series. this thing moves some serious leaves. if we didnt have that, i would definately try that giant vac. ive never personally tried it cause we dont have the need for one, but seems the guys who have it swear by it.
 
OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
mdb landscaping said:
hey john, i see a few guys in town who have them use them. by watching them work they do work pretty good! we have a huge agrimetal blower that mounts on the front pto of a hustler 4600 series. this thing moves some serious leaves. if we didnt have that, i would definately try that giant vac. ive never personally tried it cause we dont have the need for one, but seems the guys who have it swear by it.
Jay sells them. Ive seen them there, i think i might have some work for something with like 4,000 Cfms LOLOLOL

How have you been??

John
 
OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
bigchap said:
Looks like it would work nicely, but I dont see that much more benefit opposed to a push billy goat or giant vac because you can't go to fast when you blowing leaves. If the cost isn't much more than go for it. The blower are unbeatable when you have a big leave job to do.
Good luck

There almost twice the CFM's of the biggest pusher they have. You can do hills without breaking a sweat LLOL

John
 

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
John Gamba said:
Does anyone use the Giant vac (Leaf Buster) on there zero turn?? Looks like something i could use:D

John
I was tempted to get one from Collinsville Power Equ when they first came out but after looking at it a few times I decided it was very limmited for directional use. Would be hard to manouver the the Z to be very efficent. I ended up getting a Buffalo Turbine. The nozzel rotates 180 degrees.

Gene
 

rob1325

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
connecticut
I have seen those ZTR blowers. I used one in a lot. I would say if you have a lot of open areas works fine, but for confined not so great and it may scuff up the turf with alot of turning. I just saw the new self propelled Fraden 16 hp blower and looks very nice and priced right, at around 2,200. I will be getting one of these when my other blowers burn out.
 
OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
gene gls said:
I was tempted to get one from Collinsville Power Equ when they first came out but after looking at it a few times I decided it was very limmited for directional use. Would be hard to manouver the the Z to be very efficent. I ended up getting a Buffalo Turbine. The nozzel rotates 180 degrees.

Gene

Thanks Gene, i'll look into the buffalo turbine :waving:

John
 
OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
ct
mdb landscaping said:
http://www.agrimetal.com/eng/products_blower_p2.htm

heres what we use......this thing makes some noise. gotta love firing it up every morning at 7 am:D ive been good john. jay was telling me you had been in last time i was there. he asked me if i had talked to you lately. anyway, at some point im sure we'll cross paths. our shop is right down the street from there.
I had one of those When i use to do bigger props, it was on the back (pto) of a tractor. We had a problem with the rock drive ways:nono: The problem was there was no rocks on the drive ways once you forgot and went over it:cry:

It could move leaves lololol.

See you at the big C's:waving:

John
 
Top