GIE 2019

Discussion in 'Trade Shows Forum' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

And pop some wheelies

zlandman, Tara Ann, sjessen and 2 others like this.
  2. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

naw.. i have issue i want to discuss with em in person.. that is all.. i could just call, but i like things face to face..

RussellB, zlandman and sjessen like this.
  3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

You will get a better outcome in a face to face meeting. My experience is that people with more authority man the vendor booths at GIE and someone who would answer the phone on a cold call.

Friend of mine scored $200 free merchandise for his Grandstand once. They were doing a recall/upgrade and gave him everything he needed to perform the work himself.

Cam15 and Doc8406 like this.
  4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

The scag people are about as unhelpful as salesmen, because that’s what in the booth, sales reps
    It’s not like when you go to the Wright or walker booths and meet someone with the last name Wright or walker; someone who’s involved in the design and development, nope.
    There’s no gurus in the scag booth
    In fact you probably know more about scag than anyone there from metalcraft, they might as well put bikini models in the booth, they’d get more traffic and have more value.
    You won’t find anyone in the know/with any thunder at scag, toro/exmark, John Deere etc. - just employee’s paid to be there.

At least at Ferris you get - what’s that guys name rusty? He’s the head engineer, if you ever watch a Ferris video he’s the guy in the cowboy hat that talks forever about what ever feature he thinks is important... he’s actually the guy that develops the stuff for Ferris.
    I mean that’s the kind of person you go to this show to meet,
    Otherwise it’s no different than going to a big dealership.
    You’re going for product and industry knowledge no one else has - not an employee who will have you a product brochure.... ummm yea thanks I got one of these... at home.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

This has not been my experience at Toro/Exmark.

Doc8406 and zlandman like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Another reason we go...get a mini vaca and write most of the damn thing off taxes. Bad timing for it BUT we manage to ram in a few days then play catch up.

Tara Ann, sjessen and Doc8406 like this.
  7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

go to wright/walker and ferris...THEN tell me the toro/exmark booth has anyone even remotely in the knowledge category as those people have.
    Wright/walker/ferris are staffed with their top people or company owners.
    Youre not talking to designers, engineers or company owners over at toro.

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The man in charge of developing the Staris was in the booth last year.

Doc8406 likes this.
  9. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That staris, that's not what I would expect from exmark. Hope they're working well for everyone but the original v rides seem far superior IMO.

10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

I will agree the scag guys aren't ideal, they must just sell the crap out of those and not necessarilly need to be able to charm anybody.

I did like how they shut dirt monkey down though, he's an animal out there acting like an idiot at GIE, somebody needed to call him out. Somtimes the youtube stars annoy me and GIE, or should I say, wannabe youtube stars.

KUMA01 and knox gsl like this.