GIE 2019

OP
DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I will agree the scag guys aren't ideal, they must just sell the crap out of those and not necessarilly need to be able to charm anybody.

I did like how they shut dirt monkey down though, he's an animal out there acting like an idiot at GIE, somebody needed to call him out. Somtimes the youtube stars annoy me and GIE, or should I say, wannabe youtube stars.
whos the dirt monkey?

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
I test ran the greenworks zero turn. Silent and very powerful. Sticker price $25k+ that is if you are willing to wait on production.
Our Scag dealer just got one, going to try it out next week.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Our Scag dealer just got one, going to try it out next week.
Let us know! I think you'll really like it. Only question of course is battery life, charging, and cut quality. They probably run low lift blades for power conservation.
Let us know on the street price too! :puke:

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Initial quick notes:

Needs a foot pedal to raise the deck over ruts, obstructions, etc.

I don't like having to watch the gauge while lowering the deck every time. Should be a set it and forget it/height stop/something.

Very quiet, I could hear crickets chirping over the mower.

Does a very good job with blades on low setting. Does a great job on the high.

Doesn't seem to stripe as well as my Scags but maybe because I was cutting with a 52 vs a 60" and the pattern is different. I'll mow a different direction tomorrow and see if it's any better.

If you fold the ROPS down, you will smash the crap out of your elbows...not a good setup.

No pulleys to replace, no deck covers to trap grass and leaves.

Overall I'm fairly impressed.

Locke Lamora

LawnSite Member
Initial quick notes:

Needs a foot pedal to raise the deck over ruts, obstructions, etc.

I don't like having to watch the gauge while lowering the deck every time. Should be a set it and forget it/height stop/something.

Very quiet, I could hear crickets chirping over the mower.

Does a very good job with blades on low setting. Does a great job on the high.

Doesn't seem to stripe as well as my Scags but maybe because I was cutting with a 52 vs a 60" and the pattern is different. I'll mow a different direction tomorrow and see if it's any better.

If you fold the ROPS down, you will smash the crap out of your elbows...not a good setup.

No pulleys to replace, no deck covers to trap grass and leaves.

Overall I'm fairly impressed.
Thanks for the report! These things are the future I'm convinced. Once the price gets closer to the gasser prices, I'll be getting rid of my v-ride. I'm not commercial running all day though, I just need to get 3 acres out of a battery and I'd be okay.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Can't wait for GIE to be over so the junk mail leaves my inbox and mailbox! Seriously this must be what the hot girl at school feels like, no, the answer is no. No already I don't want to go!

I'm not going this year anyway. Maybe next year.
Hope they get the food availability issue sorted out, it was total chaos trying to get lunch.

Top Forums