GIE 2019

OP
DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Can't wait for GIE to be over so the junk mail leaves my inbox and mailbox! Seriously this must be what the hot girl at school feels like, no, the answer is no. No already I don't want to go!

I'm not going this year anyway. Maybe next year.
Hope they get the food availability issue sorted out, it was total chaos trying to get lunch.
I agree with you about too much email and snail mail. My wife and I ARE going but they continue to mail me general info???

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I will agree the scag guys aren't ideal, they must just sell the crap out of those and not necessarilly need to be able to charm anybody.

I did like how they shut dirt monkey down though, he's an animal out there acting like an idiot at GIE, somebody needed to call him out. Somtimes the youtube stars annoy me and GIE, or should I say, wannabe youtube stars.
You’ve got me at a disadvantage
What did/does dirt monkey do at GIE?
I’ve literally never seen him there
But I do happen to avoid the demo yard on day one like the plague.

Locke Lamora

LawnSite Member
Guys the thing with the battery stuff is that we NEED early adaptors to buy these greenworks mowers or similiar to show that there could be a space for them. If some people actually buy them and can offer good feedback, and keep the companies investors happy, then they will improve and costs will come down as more people get in the game.

I wouldn't buy one, but I hope there are a lot of crews in big liberal cities and other areas that will start requiring crews to run these either for noise or gas pollution crap. Then in 5-10 years, I can buy one for the same price, or a very small price bump as a gas counterpart, that is way better than what it is now.

We started with an electric Prius, and now have an electric Porsche.

Give it time and we won't have to ruin our hearing, and will be able to mow whenever you want. You southern guys can get out early in the summers with these things!

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Guys the thing with the battery stuff is that we NEED early adaptors to buy these greenworks mowers or similiar to show that there could be a space for them. If some people actually buy them and can offer good feedback, and keep the companies investors happy, then they will improve and costs will come down as more people get in the game.

I wouldn't buy one, but I hope there are a lot of crews in big liberal cities and other areas that will start requiring crews to run these either for noise or gas pollution crap. Then in 5-10 years, I can buy one for the same price, or a very small price bump as a gas counterpart, that is way better than what it is now.

We started with an electric Prius, and now have an electric Porsche.

Give it time and we won't have to ruin our hearing, and will be able to mow whenever you want. You southern guys can get out early in the summers with these things!
They better not make it a law, not many crews can afford a 25k mower. And your whole example about electric cars is kinda dumb considering gas powered cars are still 3x as good.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
They better not make it a law, not many crews can afford a 25k mower. And your whole example about electric cars is kinda dumb considering gas powered cars are still 3x as good.
I used to mow my grandmothers lawn with an electric mower in 1985
It was like vacuuming
Every time you turned to go the other way you had to flip the cord.
That’s pretty acceptable for under 12,000 sf

Most people don’t even fathom your profession
What’s entailed or what amount of time/effort.
They’re just thinking about my grandmas lawn and a plug in mower and don’t know why you’re so worried at all?

Top Forums