GIE 2020 canx

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Hope you weren't planning to go to GIE. Wont be one until 2021.
Got rused into shutting it down.

Eric502

LawnSite Senior Member
I live 50 miles from Louisville. I even questioned going if they were to still hold it. Louisville has been knee deep in bad protests, and then you have the entire COVID crap. All events down around 4th street.... you might as well forget it right now. Most places are boarded up, literally, like a hurricane is coming.

OP
DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I live 50 miles from Louisville. I even questioned going if they were to still hold it. Louisville has been knee deep in bad protests, and then you have the entire COVID crap. All events down around 4th street.... you might as well forget it right now. Most places are boarded up, literally, like a hurricane is coming.
I didn't realize the rioters were tearing up LVille too. I'm sure that played a big part although you'd never get them to admit that.

Eric502

LawnSite Senior Member
I didn't realize the rioters were tearing up LVille too. I'm sure that played a big part although you'd never get them to admit that.
Yea... Assuming it is the same in Oct as it is right now today (which would be anyone's guess really) the celebration and events that GIE hold downtown at 4th st Live and at the YUM center either could not take place (cancelled), would have to relocate to another area all together (like the fairgrounds itself) or if they were to take place as usual, it would stand the chance for some big trouble. There are some weeks better than others downtown, but many of the places are either just now starting to open on a very limited basis since March/April or are boarded up (just like a hurricane). The family and I enjoy going there on weekend evenings, walk 4D bridge, get a bite to eat, just waste time by the waterfront.... we do not feel safe going at all. And I do not shy away from much (CCDW for one). Rioters have stopped traffic on the interstates and inner city streets, Violence and clashes happen at any moment, vandalism is high, & the Louisville mayor is of absolute no help. And the police are on high alert, it was LMPD that had officers who allegedly shot that young black lady who was in her own home, unarmed while performing a no-knock warrant (Breonna Taylor).

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yea... Assuming it is the same in Oct as it is right now today (which would be anyone's guess really) the celebration and events that GIE hold downtown at 4th st Live and at the YUM center either could not take place (cancelled), would have to relocate to another area all together (like the fairgrounds itself) or if they were to take place as usual, it would stand the chance for some big trouble. There are some weeks better than others downtown, but many of the places are either just now starting to open on a very limited basis since March/April or are boarded up (just like a hurricane). The family and I enjoy going there on weekend evenings, walk 4D bridge, get a bite to eat, just waste time by the waterfront.... we do not feel safe going at all. And I do not shy away from much (CCDW for one). Rioters have stopped traffic on the interstates and inner city streets, Violence and clashes happen at any moment, vandalism is high, & the Louisville mayor is of absolute no help. And the police are on high alert, it was LMPD that had officers who allegedly shot that young black lady who was in her own home, unarmed while performing a no-knock warrant (Breonna Taylor).
Just read this, while i just happen to be driving through the mpls neighborhood that got destroyed when this all started. Looks like a warzone. Its terrible that this lawlessness is allowed to go on.

Earlier this week a friend of mine who is a Sherwin Williams manager, got shot attempting to stop a lady from getting carjacked. She was screaming out in the paint store parking lot, he ran out to help and got shot in broad daylight.

And yet people want to get rid of the police.

OP
DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Keep voting Blue if you want tons more of the same.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
Just read this, while i just happen to be driving through the mpls neighborhood that got destroyed when this all started. Looks like a warzone. Its terrible that this lawlessness is allowed to go on.

Earlier this week a friend of mine who is a Sherwin Williams manager, got shot attempting to stop a lady from getting carjacked. She was screaming out in the paint store parking lot, he ran out to help and got shot in broad daylight.

And yet people want to get rid of the police.

Sorry to hear this Mark! Hopefully this doesn't turn into one of those stories where he gets fired from Sherwin Williams for going out and helping someone.