Lawn Care Forum banner

GIE Expo 2013

15K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  SIRKY 
#1 ·
I believe my wife and I are going this year. Have a few questions.

What day is the best to go, or does it take both days to see it all?

What hotels are the most convenient to book?

Are the seminars worth it?

Do you need to rent a car or are the shuttles convenient?

Thx

#3 ·
I drove as well, but I think a taxi would suffice. The hotels commonly used are on the website with maps showing how close they are. It definitely takes both days if you do the seminars. I did the HNA last year which would be a help if you dont know much about hardscapes. I wasnt able to hit up any other seminars though.

#5 ·
Looks like I'll probably be going down there. I'm still trying to decide if I want to drive or fly down.

#11 ·
Driving from Pittsburgh. Staying both days and doing some sight seeing all day Saturday. It's my first time going and I'm looking forward to it. I didn't sign up for any seminars though. Maybe next year if I can get reimbursed from work
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Wife and I are coming down from Michigan this year. Hoping to make it in time for some of the evening entertainment Thurs and attend the show on Friday.

#17 ·
I just went today. Really amazed by the outdoor demo part. Even though it is cold as heck here.
Got to demo the new Altoz Z line. It is worth a look.

Personally also got to demo each of the Z rackable unit, T3000i, and Ground Logic. That sort of experience was very valuable when I go to purch. my next ride on unit.

#18 ·
I just went today. Really amazed by the outdoor demo part. Even though it is cold as heck here.
Got to demo the new Altoz Z line. It is worth a look.

Personally also got to demo each of the Z rackable unit, T3000i, and Ground Logic. That sort of experience was very valuable when I go to purch. my next ride on unit.
I waited in line at the Altoz booth for a while but too many jerks cut In front of us so I got fed up. Maybe early tomorrow morning I can try again. They look like really nice mowers
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
Just got back yesterday afternoon late. Great show! This makes about the 4th year we have went. I get a little quicker every year going through he booths. This year I decided to make a list before of the vendors I wanted to spend some time with and that helped.
Also, this year I attended two seminars for the first time. One of them was worth the weight in gold. I took away several ideas that I plan on implementing in this winter.
I also won a free membership to PLANET and hit up the Genius Bar. I spent probably 20 minutes talking with Bob from Lawn Dogs about how to add a lawn care division to my current business and how to grow in general. I also made contacts with several other contractors around the country.
My advice for myself for next year would be to network more.
I did take away a good idea from Bob that I am going to implement in the next few months as well...peer groups. I want to form a mastermind group of 4-6 guys around the country who are all in the same position as far as where we are in size of companies to network 3 to 4 times per year and help each other grow.
I am a one truck operation with 2 to 3 part time guys now hopefully going to two to three different divisions by next year. Lawn mowing, landscaping, and possibly lawn care. If this sounds like any of you guys, let me know and we can start forming a peer group!

#22 ·
Just got back yesterday afternoon late. Great show! This makes about the 4th year we have went. I get a little quicker every year going through he booths. This year I decided to make a list before of the vendors I wanted to spend some time with and that helped.
Also, this year I attended two seminars for the first time. One of them was worth the weight in gold. I took away several ideas that I plan on implementing in this winter.
I also won a free membership to PLANET and hit up the Genius Bar. I spent probably 20 minutes talking with Bob from Lawn Dogs about how to add a lawn care division to my current business and how to grow in general. I also made contacts with several other contractors around the country.
My advice for myself for next year would be to network more.
I did take away a good idea from Bob that I am going to implement in the next few months as well...peer groups. I want to form a mastermind group of 4-6 guys around the country who are all in the same position as far as where we are in size of companies to network 3 to 4 times per year and help each other grow.
I am a one truck operation with 2 to 3 part time guys now hopefully going to two to three different divisions by next year. Lawn mowing, landscaping, and possibly lawn care. If this sounds like any of you guys, let me know and we can start forming a peer group!
Potentially interested. One truck guy here too, with one seasonal employee.
Keep me posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.