GIE = mid October >> are you kidding me???

Discussion in 'Trade Shows Forum' started by americanlawn, Oct 19, 2017.

1. weeze

weeze Banned

why only have it in 1 place? have multiple shows over the whole country. it will give people more opportunity to attend.

have kentucky, florida, new york, texas, california? or somwhere else. obviously in california it will be all battery powered stuff. :laugh:

americanlawn and oqueoque like this.
  2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

Or things that are not known to cause cancer, if used in California.

weeze likes this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Gie is the biggest
    They do have regional shows
    Like New England grows for example

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

October is my busy season. Blow outs, leaves, finishing snow bids.

Sept would be better. Main reason I don't go is the month they have it.

americanlawn likes this.
  5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Well you couldn’t fit more dudes there with their 9 years old treating the place like friggin Disney land.

They seriously need to enforce the no kids on demos rule.
    There was a family that literally dropped off their kid at the Wright demo corral as a babysitting facility.

You aren’t missing much if you don’t prefer to wait in line behind kids like an amusement park ride.

Indoor booths were more productive, professionally speaking
    Which could be done at any month.

zlandman and americanlawn like this.
  6. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

I never see much of an issue with kids, but I'm at a boring indoor booth.

You are unlikely to see that show move, because there are relatively few places that have an outdoor demo area available on the same property, and because the other venues large enough for a show of that size have a much higher rate for 10x10 booths. And even though the big booths bring in bigger money, they need those smaller exhibitors as well.

7. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Bronze Member

They have the Farm show in Feb and it even bigger. Many of the mower manufacturers are there too. State fair in August so this facility gets used a lot. Glad I am only 45 minutes away as I attend all of these each year.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't snow in Tennessee or large ice storms in January...screwing up everyone's travel???

9. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

The other thing to keep in mind is that your business cycle is about 2-4 months behind your suppliers business cycle.
    Yes, GIE EXPO loves having individual contractors there, but a huge portion of the attendees are in the equipment dealer networks. Those companies need to be well ahead of your annual schedule, and they are probably more important in the eyes of that show than people like me who are only interested in the contractor attendees.
    And it also bears looking at the weather; last week it was 70's, sunny and dry. This week in the Ohio valley it's 50's grey and rainy.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather see a mid Nov show. Most lawn work done snow not started yet. Coming from a northern guy though..

KevinHartley likes this.