GIE rumor mill?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Cowboy Cut Lawncare, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You are so very wrong.

The 7.3 and 6.0 were used in a tin of IH trucks. Ford trademarked Powerstroke, but they were the same engines. IH had problems with the 6.0 as well. Ford did change the tuning to get more HP, but the IHs had more torque.

2. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as ferris snapper pro stander I would say not. Bc the price difference would be negligible as it would be same platform as are the walkbehinds it like $50 different between the 2 walks. Ztrs ferris gets the suspension so that's why such a price difference.

Anything new coming out 7.3l and 6.0l are both out of production lol

Wondering about a new JD STANDER tho?

3. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

JD could dominate the stander market if they'd release a new stander with the 7 Iron deck paired with some nice engine choices.

Ridin' Green and ltdlawn like this.
  4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

since when do they listen to us? morons...complete morons.

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

What would be point in Snapper Pro Stander.

If they follow the Walk line method the Snappers would be identical to SRS's w/smaller engines.

6. Turf Tracer

I've never seen a grass guy here that owns a Powerstroke and actually needs it

TPendagast likes this.
  7. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

Point of Snapper Pro offering the Ferris Stander
    -People who don't have a Ferris dealer locally, but do have Snapper Pro. Keeps them from going to the scag/Wright....dealer when they want a stander
    -allows Snapper Pro dealers to up sell WB sales to standers for a few thousand more $'s.
    - When I was shopping for my current WB I was interested in Snapper Pro over Ferris because I knew on the zero turns the Ferris is several thousand more than a equal level snapper pro. This is because of the suspension, but they are also marketed as a premium brand. So I went to the "deal" brand to check out the snapper version. The dealer was a complete ass and seemed bothered to talk to me.
    I ended up going to the Ferris dealer as a crazy thought as they were "more expensive". It was the EXACT same mower besides the graphics. The price is the same since no fancy suspension.
    I am sure there are many like me who have skipped Ferris as a option vs snapper pro.
    -some people like to have all 1 brand on their trailer.

Doesn't really cost Briggs and Stratton anything to offer it in more dealers, so why not.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  8. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe just my area but most offer both under same roof.

9. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be a possible waste if it was universal. Of the all the Ferris and Snapper dealers I can think of, none carries both.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  10. Turf Tracer

Same here. Dealer will have Ferris and Snapper side by each in showroom. On the new line of Walks, the Only Difference is Weaker Engines on the Snappers. Will likely be same deal w/Standers. But Standers suffer even more w/weak engines. So what's the point.