give me your v ride reviews

cubsfan1

LawnSite Member
Going to buy a v ride before the end of February to take advantage of the deals scag is running. Going with the 48 inch deck 24 kawi. Is this a good purchase? Currently have a deere z trak 54 deck. Not partial to any brand just know that the velocity and 7 iron decks are the best out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Yep its a good mower. The 48 doesn't scalp as bad as the 52.
Posted via Mobile Device

417lawncare

LawnSite Member
I bought my 36 because it fits into most residential backyards, being the average gate width is 40 inches. The machiene is fast, very responsive, holds hills, cuts great, plus the shock on the stand plate reduce fatigue. Other brands dont have shocks under your feet. $5600 for a 36 inch with 20hp kawasaki which imo is as big of an engine needed on any stand on mower. I also got the mulching system and my dealer threw in a free set of Eliminator blades and high dollar strap downs for my trailer. So I have 3 sets of blades total.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Cubsfan1, respectivefully do a search. There is way too many threads lately on the Vride to expect to get anything new from the post.

I own one, do a search to here what I say about them.

OP
C

cubsfan1

LawnSite Member
Cubsfan1, respectivefully do a search. There is way too many threads lately on the Vride to expect to get anything new from the post.

I own one, do a search to here what I say about them.
Trust me I have many times I have researched every stander out there just wanted to post one last thread before I pull the trigger. Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mow Money Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't do it... they don't hold hills at all, at least my 36" didn't. I returned it through a long 5-6 month process and I ate $1000. It couldn't even cut a very small hill. Also if it is even slightly wet... most likely you are going to leave ruts. It is so fast and all of the weight on the tires mixed with moisture and you are tearing up some lawns. I highly recommend that you don't buy one. However if you have made up your mind already and don't want to listen to my experiences with it, test it out on a lawn. I tested it on a parking lot and loved everything about it but when I got a chance to use it on a lawn several weeks later, I was devastated. That was seriously the worst investment for my business I have made. I have a very small hill in my backyard that is maybe 4 feet wide and at a 30-40 degree angle and it was too awkward to mow. your body has to shift with it and you feel like you are going to fall off. Again, the speed is awesome and it is just cool that you can ride up so high, but please don't buy it unless you have flat ground only.

417lawncare

LawnSite Member
once again mine holds hills just fine! operator error is not scags fault. and of course you have to shift your weight even with a walk behind your body cant be 90 degrees to the slope, you still have to straighten yourself out.

grass-scapes

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ive got one, a 52 inch, and don't like it at all. Problems mechanical wise, doesn't hold a hill, tears ground up very easy.

and in my case it ISN'T operator error. I have owned stand on mowers for a long time. I have two wright standers, 52 inch, and I wish I had bought a third one.

While my v-ride was in the shop, I used a grandstand. It is much smoother, albeit slower. Cut isn't quite as nice, but is still very good. I would recommend those before a v-ride.

Demo one for as long as possible before you buy one.